A Right Royal Do





I can't believe I'm off to Paris this weekend, time has just flown by. Anyway (Drum Roll please) this Sunday sees the final of The Hat Designer of the Year competition at Première Classe so please keep everything crossed for me and wish me luck.

I am exhibiting three pieces that were inspired/designed for Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway.



'Dagmar'
Hand beaded antique lace and ribbon headdress. For those occasions when a tiara is too much. Perhaps a night at the Ballet or an Art Gallery opening.




'Freyja'
Nordic inspired bejewelled hood. Suitable for cross country skiing, après skiing cocktails, and patriotic events.




'Maya'
Chic Pillbox with hand embroidery. Perfect for church services and civic duties.

The pattern stitched on 'Maya' is a 'Hugel Star'  which is a very elaborate Figure Skating pattern. I've become a bit obsessed with the ice since I started skating lessons last year.




And no (sadly) I can't skate one yet!

Bon Voyage,


Rockwife xx



Comments

Popular Posts